Monday, May 2, 2011

A Dietitian's Wish List

What I wish for as an eater, a friend, a wife, a mother, a daughter and a dietitian is SIMPLICITY.  Somehow eating has become less enjoyable for many and more of an anxiety and guilt laced activity.  Here is a short and sweet list of my food wishes...the theme?  Love, trust and forgiveness.


  • Healthy foods are always cheaper than the alternative
  • Gluten and I are better friends
  • The word "dietitian" doesn't make people think of food police
  • Parents trust children to eat when hungry and stop when full
  • I eat when hungry and stop when full
  • I have a voodoo doll named "fad diet"...and I kill it!
  • Food labels were written in English
  • We accept setbacks but deny failure
  • We expect imperfection and learn to forgive ourselves
  • We love ourselves and the food we eat

What do you wish for?

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate that doesn't make me crave it a few hours later.

    Coconut oil that doesn't have saturated fat.

    Onions that would grill themselves.

    And more bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Parents trust children to eat when hungry and stop when full!!!" (I added the exclamation points!)

    I wish my parents had done that. I have tried to do that for my kids.

    -Deborah

    ReplyDelete